When a worker suffers a workplace injury often safety professional and those assigned to assist the worker in their return-to-work wonder…what do I do? How do I do it?
In this course you we review the principles of modified duties and return to work, and then dive headfirst into how to have the conversation and deal with issues that could arise during the return to work / modified work process.
At the completion, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize in advance potential issues
- React quickly and appropriately to common and uncommon issues that arise during modified work
- Work with your team, the employee, and WCB in managing the modified worker
- How to avoid common mistakes when managing a worker
- How to have difficult discussions and negotiate return to work
- Assist in the worker’s return to full duties
When you negotiate modified work effectively, you create a culture within the organization that encouraged participation and cooperation. This course will show you how to do this.